14 Reasons Why the JVA is Excited for the AVCA Convention
When mid-November hits, junior volleyball club directors and coaches have passed the tryout season and are now amped up for the upcoming indoor and beach season with their designated teams. Line-ups, partner pairings, drills, club management, and practice planning are on the forefront of everyone's minds. As for the JVA, we are receiving numerous calls and emails from club directors planning their tournament schedule, prepping for the first week of practice, marketing their tournaments, and tackling parent and team communication. The AVCA Annual Convention arrives at just the right time for volleyball coaches and professionals to meet in one place for a week of education, networking, and charging our batteries for the season.
There are 13 educational sessions sponsored by the JVA or run by JVA members during the Convention, which will take place at the Greater Columbus Convention Center in Columbus, Ohio. The topics focus on the business of junior volleyball and training junior volleyball athletes in order to improve the junior volleyball experience for all participants. Here are the 14 reasons why the JVA is excited for this year's Convention in Columbus, Ohio.
- Adding a Time Clock to your Gym: Drills to Simulate Pressure and Increase Training Efficiency Using Time as a Tool
Thursday, December 15th 11 a.m., Mateflex Court 2
This court session is presented by Jodi Schramm, JVA Club Director of Premier Volleyball Academy in Toledo, Ohio.
- Relentless Pursuit of Safety from Sexual Abuse and Harassment: Template for a Club Program to Protect Athletes
Thursday, December 15th at 11:00AM, GCCC C170-172
This classroom session is sponsored by the JVA and is presented by Trish McGonnell-Sylvia, National Center for Safety Initiatives
- How to Get More From Your Athletes FASTER: Competitive Culture, Positive Reinforcement, Behavior Modification
Thursday, December 15th at 3:00PM, Mateflex Court 3
This court session is presented by Kilee Goetz, Legends Volleyball Club and Spotlight Athletics
- JVA Board Meeting
Thursday, December 15th at 3:00PM, GCCC B232
- Beach Court Brain Games - Mindful Beach Training: Drills and Tips to Teach Reading vs Reacting. Read preview here.
Friday, December 16th 1:15PM, Beach Court
This beach court session is sponsored by the JVA and presented by RJ Abella, Assistant Beach Coach at South Carolina and Collegiate Beach Liaison for JVA
- Combat Brain Training in Volleyball
Friday, December 16th at 2:30PM, Mateflex Court 2
This court session is presented by JVA Club Director Tim VandeSchraaf of Eastside Volleyball Club and John Kennedy, Neuroplastician
- Building a Beach Center: What it Truly Takes from Conception to Grand Opening. Read preview here.
Friday, December 16th at 2:30PM, GCCC C170-172
This classroom session is sponsored by the JVA and presented by JVA Club Director Will Robbins of Empowered Volleyball and Sports Facility Consultant, Fort Wayne, Indiana.
- Youth Volleyball Programs: The Progression from Tots to Juniors and How to Find your Dragon. Read preview here.
Saturday, December 17th at 9:00A., Mateflex Court 3
This court session is sponsored by the JVA and presented by JVA member Brad VanDam, Milwaukee Sting VBC Youth Academy Director
- Building Fearless Competitors: Creating a Culture that Teaches Players to be Confident, Think for Themselves and Lead on the Court and in Life. Read preview here.
Saturday, December 17th at 10:15AM, GCCC Short North Ballroom B
This classroom session is sponsored by the JVA and presented by JVA member Mike Schall, Triangle Volleyball Club and Court and Classroom Blogger
- Training Like a Navy Seal for a Competitive Edge
Saturday, December 17th at 10:15AM, GCCC C170-172
This classroom session is presented by JVA Club Director Tim VandeSchraaf of Eastside Volleyball Club and John McGuire, SEAL Team Physical Training, Inc.
- Connections in the Sand – Grow your Beach Club
Saturday, December 17th at 11:30AM, Beach Court
This beach court session is presented by JVA Club Director Matt Olson of WAVE Volleyball Club.
- The Do's and don'ts of Uniform Puchasing
Saturday, December 17th at 12:45PM, GCCC Short North Ballroom A
This classroom session is presented by JVA partner Troy Olson, President of Rox Volleyball.
- JVA Annual Meeting Featuring Nationally known speaker and #1 bestselling author Brian Carter
Saturday, December 17th at 12:45PM-2:45PM, GCCC B233-235
This classroom session is sponsored by the JVA and will feature a keynote speaker. All JVA members and non-members are invited to attend. Learn more.
- NCAA Division I National Volleyball Championships
Saturday, December 17th at 9:00PM, Nationwide Arena
The final two Division I women's volleyball teams in the nation will compete for a national title. Whether you watch in person or on television, this match is a must see for all youth and junior volleyball players, coaches, parents and fans. It displays the passion, skills and entertainment that our sport brings, and why we are
The Junior Volleyball Association (JVA) is a non-profit organization that promotes the growth of youth and junior volleyball through program and resource development, education and events. Nearly 1,000 clubs in 46 states and 3 countries are members of the JVA. Click here to learn how a JVA membership is valuable for your club.