8 Keys to a Great Homepage
June 14, 2016 | Categories: Blog, Club Director
If you are considering a site redesign or just want to freshen up your look, start with your home page. Most of your visitors will land here and research has shown that if they can't find what they are looking for in 2-3 seconds, they will leave. In order to help them navigate all of the information available, considering working these eight ideas into your design.
- After arriving at your website, a visitor will instantly have a reaction based on the design. Your website should represent the brand of your organization and have visitors saying " WOW!" not " WHAT ? "
- Photography is a great way to add visual interest to your homepage. Unfortunately, it's easy to get carried away and clutter your most important page. Using a slideshow helps you create a beautiful presentation of your snapshots.
- Your first event isn't for several months (or maybe just a few days), but that doesn't mean people aren't counting down the days (or hours). Adding a countdown widget is a fun way to let them know exactly how much longer they have to wait
4. NEWS FEED
- Keep people up to date on what's happening with your organization. Set a date for this year's tournament? Have you elected new officers? Organize all your news into the news feed widget for easy access.
- Your navigation is a place to help people find pages, not a place to stuff a link to every page. You should try to have no more than seven top-level navigation links. Utilize sub-navigation to organize links to internal pages in a logical hierarchy.
6. REGISTRATION LINK
- Increasing membership or getting players signed up through your online registration is one of the most important events for most teams, leagues and clubs. Ensure that your registration link is obvious and easy to find.
7. UPCOMING EVENTS
- One of the main reasons visitors come to your website is to find details on upcoming events. Create an upcoming events widget on your homepage so visitors can easily find out what's next.
8. SOCIAL MEDIA
- Use icons with links to direct visitors to your official social media accounts. Additionally, placing social widgets on your homepage is a great way to ensure fresh content for your visitors.
Sport Ngin helps the volleyball clubs play smarter and live more, we the leading provider of Sport Life Management web software and mobile applications for youth, amateur, and professional sports. Learn more about Sport Ngin. Sport Ngin is the official partner of the JVA.